Throw on your leg warmers and sweat off shorts as we get ready to dance through this week’s dance world news!
- Jacob’s Pillow announces its 2017 lineup. Pillow vets like Michelle Dorrance and the Paul Taylor Dance Company will be in attendance. Some new features will include Roy Assaf Dance, which will make its U.S. debut at the Doris Duke theater. Click here to see who will be gracing the Berkshires with their presence this summer!
- SNOW FACTS: Members of the New York City Ballet and Mark Morris Dance Group dish on what makes the snowflakes dance in each of their Nutcracker versions so magical. Click here
- Interesting read: Christopher Atamian ponders how dance companies deal with the often complicated and morbid issue of succession after the passing of an artistic director in The Weekly Standard.
- Scottish Ballet is set to make history with the world’s first digital dance program. Learn more here.
- See how Maddie Ziegler and other dancers are fighting for a cure in this Dancers Against Cancer campaign video
And now for a video with actual dancing, go behind the scenes of a backup dancer audition with Jordyn Jones, Willdabeast and Janelle Ginestra